Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Beach Boys Network

The Beach Boys Network

Re: Dennis Wilson Forever DVD [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 06:57 AM CDT

I recently bought it. It's BH's film, and as far as I've seen no updates/additions were made.

Re: Beach Boys FAQ? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 06:20 AM CDT

Perhaps you should attempt to write it? It may prove to be a rewarding thing for you.


Hmm. That sounds a bit condescending...
Anyway, I'm a writer by profession and log way too many hours in front of the computer as it is. Besides, I lack the in-depth knowledge. It was just a thought for someone to do, perhaps for newer fans to read.

Re: Dennis Wilson Forever DVD [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:43 AM CDT

Billy Hinsche's new movie about Denny is going to be aired on Flasher.com, in ten parts, starting Monday Nov 5

Apologies if this has already been posted

Is the Dennis Wilson Forever DVD advertised on Amazon  http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-Wilson-Forever/dp/B001B11L14?&camp=212361&creative=383961&linkCode=waf&tag=smileysmile-20  a commercial release of Billy Hinsche's film and has it been added to/updated?

Re: Did Brian really say that? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:24 AM CDT

Yeah I think around 1995 he was being pretty scathing to the Beach Boys in some interviews.

Re: Some interesting recent additions to Bellagio gigs/sessions.... [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:13 AM CDT

Oh boy...I can feel those profits rolling in- One taker!!!

All the investigative work that you, AGD and others who've helped you out is very worthy of a book and deserves such a release. I'm grateful that someone's finally setting the BB record straight and the world needs to know about it. Please reserve a copy for me!  Grin

Re: Some interesting recent additions to Bellagio gigs/sessions.... [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 02:22 AM CDT

Oh boy...I can feel those profits rolling in- One taker!!!

I'd definitely buy a copy!

Re: Brian Vocally On L.A. [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 02:14 AM CDT

If anybody has the transcript  of that AOL chat he did close to ten years ago...I think I asked Bruce that question. If I did, how did he respond? I vaguely remember asking him about Brian and Good Timin' , but I might have asked him a different time. Sadly, I didn't hear the 1974 version until recently. I *think* Brian's on there, but I could be wrong. That's just gut,though.

Re: Did Brian really say that? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 12:45 AM CDT

That came sometime in the 90s, I believe.

I remember another one from the 90s where Brian actually called Carl an furo do burro. Never thought anyone would stoop THAT low.

Re: Some interesting recent additions to Bellagio gigs/sessions.... [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 12:45 AM CDT

Ian, I found a subtle but substantial error in the Badman book relating to a show in Georgia in the early seventies that you may or may not have noticed.  If I remember correctly, he had it at the University of Georgia in Atlanta rather than Athens (where UGA actually is)- something like that.  I know they played in Athens at UGA at this time (1972) because my oldest brother was there. If you haven't picked up on the correct information there let me know and I'll check and get back to you on it.  (Not to imply that the Badman book is in any way a source for you, just that if HIS source was wrong, the wrong information may be out there).

Coincidentally, I also found some Beach Boys ticket stubs of mine from the eighties last week, if you need dates or have questions about those shows- two in Georgia and two in Florida.

Re: Did Brian really say that? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 12:34 AM CDT

Not to change the subject(to much  Grin), but I have my own "Did Brian really say this?" question. Here's an interesting quote I found. My question is, when and where did he say this? What did the other members of the beach boys think of it?

"The BB's are out. The BB's are being arseholes to me. So. I take the lesser of two evils; I'll work on myown, solo, before I work with a bunch of guys that don't give a merda about me...they just spit at me and kick me, no respect at all."

Re: Beach Boys FAQ? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 11:52 PM CDT

Perhaps you should attempt to write it? It may prove to be a rewarding thing for you.

Re: Beach Boys FAQ? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 11:10 PM CDT

There's one at surfermoon.com

And a good one. I guess I just keep reading these more controversial questions and thought someone might try to tackle those in a FAQ.
But really, I'm just trying to start a new discussion on the board.

Re: Beach Boys FAQ? [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 11:01 PM CDT

There's one at surfermoon.com

Re: Brian Vocally On L.A. [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 10:46 PM CDT

I think some of the Good Timin chrous was done in 1974. I have an early version that's mostly instrumental but has that part. If it is from 1974 I would think Brian is on there.

Re: Some interesting recent additions to Bellagio gigs/sessions.... [Smiley Smile Message Board]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 10:23 PM CDT

I'd buy two copies of that book.  Grin

BRIAN WILSON 2006 UPPER DECK INKREDIBLE AUTOGRAPH AUTO ["brian wilson"]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 08:29 PM CDT

US $3.76 (2 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Aug-03-2008 18:29:26 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Brian Wilson (CD 2000) ["brian wilson"]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 02:52 PM CDT

US $0.99 (0 Bid)
End Date: Friday Aug-01-2008 12:52:33 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

TICKET STUB LOT OF 5 PEARL JAM RHCP BRIAN WILSON STP ["brian wilson"]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 02:44 PM CDT

US $5.00 (0 Bid)
End Date: Sunday Aug-03-2008 12:44:41 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Brian Wilson I Just Wasn't Made video New ["brian wilson"]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 01:30 PM CDT

US $1.01
End Date: Tuesday Aug-05-2008 11:30:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $1.01
Buy it now | Add to watch list

A Tribute To Brian Wilson (DVD) RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS ["brian wilson"]

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 10:47 AM CDT

US $0.01 (0 Bid)
End Date: Tuesday Aug-05-2008 8:47:00 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

No comments: